My word for 2015 is: Concentrate. I realized, after looking back at 2014, that I tried to do too many things and that I tried to be too many people, e.g. mom, quilter, volunteer, blogger, appraiser, design, office manager….. I also realized that I start a great many projects and finish very few. Concentrate is an objective which will hopefully result in more focused efforts on my part in the coming year. Many of my unfinished objects last year remain on my to-do list this year. I hope to whittle down this list, starting in Q1.
1. Flower Strip quilt–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
2. Winding Ways–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
3. 1930’s reproduction quilt–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
4. Quilt the 4 Quilts of Valor tops which I have received.
5. Finish Imperial Blooms, pattern by Sue Spargo (www.suespargo.com).
6. Finish Crimson Tweed, pattern by Sue Spargo.
7. Riley Blake–here is part of my mock-up in EQ7:
I need to re-do some quilting and bind it.
8. Mission Triangles, this is a quilt I have made with the help of our Mission Stitchers group at Onalaska UMC from donated flannel triangles. It will be soft and warm. Here is the EQ7 mockup:
The top is done, well almost, I need to put on some borders and quilt it.
9. Log Cabin quilt–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
10. Various mug rugs, place mats, and table runners–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
I think that is enough, for now. I do need to sew a lot of bindings onto quilts–there are a great number of binding tutorials out in blog-land, but I will also write one. One of my goals this past year, and the coming year, has been to improve my bindings. I’ve learned a great deal about binding as I have worked on that goal. Hopefully I will be able to branch out this year to some shaped bindings.
January is an exciting month–I have 3 blog hops scheduled and I will be writing a pattern for my quilt guild’s quilt show quilt. I am looking forward to concentrating this month!!