I’ve decided to join in the FAL hosted by the Littlest Thistle Craft Shop (“http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blogspot.com) .
Here is my first quarter list:
1. Pie in the Sky (pattern by Kim Diehl)
The quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
2. Flower Strip quilt–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
3. Winding Ways–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
4. 1930’s reproduction quilt–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
5. Quilt the 4 Quilts of Valor tops which I have received.
6. Finish Imperial Blooms, pattern by Sue Spargo (www.suespargo.com).
7. Finish Crimson Tweed, pattern by Sue Spargo.
8. Riley Blake Modern Quilt Guild Challenge. Here is part of my mock-up in EQ7:
The fabrics have arrived and I am so excited to start sewing on this wall quilt. I am so thankful for the fabric which Riley Blake (www.rileyblakedesigns.com) provided to all of the members of the Modern Quilt Guild (http://www.themodernquiltguild.com/ ). Of course, I couldn’t resist adding some additional Riley Blake to my design.
9. Mission Triangles, this is a quilt I have made with the help of our Mission Stitchers group at Onalaska UMC from donated flannel triangles. It will be soft and warm. Here is the EQ7 mockup:
10. Log Cabin quilt–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
11. Various mug rugs, place mats, and table runners–the quilting is done, I need to sew the binding and label on.
I think that is enough, for now. I do need to sew a lot of bindings onto quilts–there are a great number of binding tutorials out in blog-land, but I will also write one. One of my goals this past year has been to improve my bindings. I’ve learned a great deal about binding as I have worked on that goal.
As you can tell from the list, I will try any technique, any medium. I’m easily distracted and when I feel like I’ve mastered a technique, I move to the next new thing/fabric/quilt, etc. I have a ‘finish’ issue, lol. I’m hoping the FAL 2014 will help me to focus.